Oakwood and Forest Hill Cemeteries
The Oakwood Cemetery Association established Oakwood Cemetery in 1856. A few years later the Cemetery was given to the Township of Anoka. Although there have been very few interments in Oakwood since the 1950s, this sacred place is rich with a wonderful past of city residents and war veterans. Graves are no longer available for purchase in Oakwood Cemetery.
Forest Hill Cemetery was established in 1890. It is a non-denominational, public cemetery. Section 0 Blocks A - Z is the original cemetery with Sections 1 - 6 added over the past 100 years. There are many single graves available for sale in the lettered blocks, but currently, most of the sales occur in section 6 block 5.
Records for both cemeteries are located in the Public Services Office, lower level of City Hall, located at:
2015 1st Avenue
Anoka, MN 55303
For specific locations of loved ones please call or email Public Services. The city is currently working to convert all of the records for Forest Hill Cemetery into a web-hosted searchable database so families can more easily locate loved ones. Please check back later this summer for more information on that service.
Please make an appointment to meet with the Cemetery Administrator if you are interested in purchasing graves.